Growth is a great problem to have for most businesses. But it also creates significant data monitoring, privacy and cybersecurity concerns. With the constant evolution of modern technology, your business cannot rely only on past techniques to effectively manage and secure your data. Poor data management always leaves openings for hackers to infiltrate your network and cart away invaluable information.
Given the rising rate of criminal hacking, phishing and other malware attacks, it’s necessary for your business to secure its digital assets by building a system to safeguard the data of both employees and customers.
Discover the top identity and access management tools with our complete guide to help your business handle any privacy and cybersecurity concerns. Check our full list here.
Why You Need Identity and Access Management Tools
Identity and Access Management help secure the database of businesses against the activities of cyber-criminals. Any business that aims to be cyber-secure needs to incorporate identity and access management into its networks. Still skeptical about the need for identity access management? Here are three reasons your business needs identity and access management tools:
1. Improved Security
Given that compromised user credentials often serve as entry points into an organization’s network and information assets, identity and access management tools offer multiple layers of protection to provide watertight security.
2. Enhanced Business Productivity
Imagine how tedious it’d be to create a new password for every tool accessed during work every day. The drudgery that’ll come from this will be so huge, and eventually, it’ll affect productivity. Every organization wants to get more effective and productive, and yours certainly is no exception. Identity and access management tools help to cut back on the complexities and costs of protecting user credentials.
3. Enhanced Individual Productivity
With fully functional identity and access management tools in place, your employees safely gain access to your organization’s networks from anywhere in the world without any hassles or complications, thereby ensuring that individual productivity is enhanced.
Benefits of Using Identity and Access Management Tools
Identity and access management tools are beneficial to your business in the following ways:
- Collaboration: With the help of identity and access management tools, collaboration among internal and external members of an organization becomes easy. Employees, partners, suppliers, as well as contractors, can collaborate through modern technologies such as mobile apps to enhance productivity, employee satisfaction, and generate revenue.
- One Control System: Through identity and access management tools, your business data, information, and files are stored up and controlled in a central system which reduces the risk of internal and external threats.
- Single Sign-On (SSO): With identity and access management tools, users can be authenticated once and have access to other applications they need.
- Effective Time Management: Given the centralized system that identity and access management tools use, there is a huge reduction in the number of calls to the IT support team concerning password reset and other time-consuming tasks.
Since identity management is a critical part of a secured network, identity and access management allows businesses to define their access policy. The result of such access policy definitions is that those who should have access to certain information will have it, while those who aren’t supposed to do so won’t have it.
Types of Identity and Access Management Tools
Identity and access management tools fall into several different categories. Here’s a quick breakdown of what’s available:
- Password Management Tools
This tool allows users to manage all their passwords efficiently without having to go through the stress of password memorization.
- Provisioning Softwares
This tool allows your business to effectively manage users’ information on multiple systems and applications.
3. Security Policy Enforcement Applications
This tool enforces your business policies and has the ability to detect improper behavior and access it in real-time.
4. Reporting and Monitoring Apps
These apps are useful to monitor accounts at risk, as well as apps granted permission by users.
5. Identity Repositories
This is a data store where all information about users and groups in your company is stored.
Security Protocols for Identity Access and Management
There are three major protocols for identity access and management that help to control data access without hampering productivity in any way. The three security protocols have been briefly discussed below.
- Multi-Factor Identification: is a security system that requires more than one method of authentication from independent categories of credentials to verify the user’s identity for a login or other transaction
- Identity Management Assessment: as your business expands, identity management becomes a must. Try to picture a scenario where a customer representative agent has access to data meant for senior executives, what would be the outcome? The effects can be very devastating, as it can aid both internal and external breaches.
Due to the activities of online predators who are constantly trying to gain access to your network to cart away precious data, it is critical for your business to always review who has access to what data and at what level.
- Implementation and Integration: implementing a robust and rigorous identity and access management demands a careful process, especially for big businesses. Merely relying on a strong username and password does not meet security needs anymore. This is why many companies around the world have now integrated biometrics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and risk-based authentication across all devices and geographic locations to make their businesses more secure from both internal and external breaches.
In other words, the complex procedures that are required for proper identity and access management can only be carried out by experts.
It’s important to control access to data if you want your business to be safe from cybersecurity threats. Identity Access Management will help you to achieve that goal. With fully functional Identity Access Management tools operated by professionals, you can be assured of the security of your business.
RSI Security can help your company implement security protocols that control access to data within and outside your organization, without hindering productivity. We will ensure that you are able to manage privileges with access control while gaining visibility and having the ability to produce the necessary reports to demonstrate compliance with important regulations in your industry.
Find out how our experts can use major security protocols such as Multi-Factor Authentication, Identity Management Assessment, and Implementation and Integration to help businesses gain control of access to data within and outside their respective organizations. Click here to learn more about the identity access and management services we offer at RSI Security.