Today’s portability and high-end functionality of mobile devices make them an integral part of everyday work life. Employees are increasingly using mobile devices to execute their tasks, and that’s fast becoming the new normal. However, this significant development isn’t without its challenges. With mobile devices’ evolution comes a myriad of possibilities for malicious actors to hack into sensitive data systems. Companies must begin to explore and engage the best mobile device management (MDM) solutions available out there to combat the menace of cybercrime.
Learn about the top mobile device management software solutions that can secure your mobile data and systems.
What is Mobile Device Management (MDM)?
Mobile device management (MDM) helps to organize, implement, and manage the use of both Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and Corporate-Owned, Personally-Enabled (COPE) devices by employees. MDM allows IT administrators to control, secure, and enforce policies on smartphones, tablets, and other endpoints.
In the early 2000s, MDM software emerged to supervise and protect the smartphones and other personal digital assistants that enterprise staff began to use. It was essential to do this because hackers started to exploit these endpoints to exfiltrate assets.
The goal of MDM isn’t just to ensure security but also to increase employee performance and productivity. Today, companies are exploring the MDM landscape to discover and utilize the top MDM solutions that will enable them to secure their networks and control access to critical data on both BYOD and COPE mobile devices.
Benefits of Mobile Device Management
Various benefits come with implementing MDM solutions in your organization. Below are some of these benefits.
- MDM provides data security: If there’s anything an organization never wants, it’s the leaking of their privileged assets or the loss of sensitive data. MDM solutions guarantee data security and well-defined back up in case of any security threats.
- MDM enhances data security: If data is lost or stolen, MDM enables administrators to wipe all data remotely on lost or stolen devices.
- MDM improves data recovery: MDM’s cloud-based technology stores all data in the cloud, enabling quick recovery of all lost data.
- MDM improves workflow efficiency: MDM expedites teamwork and productivity because it allows administrators to monitor employees’ activities and progress regardless of their locations. This saves organizations from unintentional threats, such as an employee who inadvertently clicks a harmful link.
- MDM increases organizational flexibility: With MDM, administrators can speedily configure the devices of new employees. This increases organizational flexibility.
- Productivity boosters: Most MDM solutions can block native apps on a device and limit social media use for employees.
Best Mobile (MDM) Solutions of 2020
Although most MDM solutions possess features that enable them to control and manage employees’ use of mobile devices to ensure security, some MDM solutions are more effective than others. If your organization is looking for the best MDM solution to implement to protect sensitive data that are the keys to your IT kingdom, here are the best MDM solutions of 2020.
1. Cisco Meraki
This is an MDM solution with centralized management. It supports group work and ensures the management of a unified assessment from a centralized dashboard. It also helps to improve security by managing every mobile device from one source.
This MDM solution secures vulnerable devices covering a wide range of mobile services and manages sensitive data.
3. IBM MaaS360
IBM MaaS360 is an open cloud approach to MDM and ensures mobile security. It uses AI-empowered insights to create an excellent mobile environment. By delivering endpoint visibility and managing security through a single unified solution, IBM MaaS360 helps save time and reduce operational costs.
4. Hexnode MDM
Hexnode MDM specializes in enabling centralized device management. It helps secure data by locking down devices into kiosk mode.
5. Soti Mobicontrol
This MDM solution makes mobility management easier and more efficient. It deploys services more quickly, manages apps and content, and helps in fast data delivery.
6. Jamf Now
This is a cloud-based MDM solution. It’s the easiest MDM solution for small businesses. Jamf Now secures data and also helps to achieve a quick and consistent configuration of data.
7. Miradore MDM
Miradore ensures the security of your organization’s mobile devices and also controls your privileged assets. It encrypts all confidential data for separate business and personal use. It enforces safe passcodes and screen locks and prevents the use of unwanted applications.
8. Citrix Endpoint Management
Citrix Endpoint Management, as the name implies, manages endpoints. With Citrix Endpoint Management, you can manage devices and app policies and deliver apps to users without the leakage of your organization’s sensitive information.
9. MobileIron EMM
This MDM solution secures data and enables business innovation. MobileIron EMM has some privacy controls that help develop business ideas and create the right innovative actions.
10. Citrix Xenmobile
This MDM solution manages and protects mobile devices and data, securing mobile devices and various mobile systems. It also enables online file sharing.
11. VMware Airwatch
This is for enforcing policies on your mobile devices. It provides the right technology that can efficiently secure and manage mobile devices.
12. Manage Engine Mobile Device Manager Plus
This helps in monitoring mobile services, giving you visibility over all connected devices of every member of the organization.
MDM is a critical aspect of cybersecurity for every organization. As we round off the year 2020 and go into 2021, organizations must begin to keenly explore the MDM landscape and maximize the best available MDM tools for the security of their networks. Knowing the best MDM solution for your business is loosely based on three specifications. They are:
- Security: All MDM solutions should have security features. But to choose a top MDM solution tool, you should consider the sensitivity of the data stored on your device in contrast with the tools’ security level.
- Support devices: While some MDM tools are only Apple-devices supported, some are Android or Windows supported. Consider the device used in your organization and choose the best tool that will serve your purpose.
- Integration: Choose the best MDM solution that will integrate with other security tools on your device. Although some MDM software applications are standalone applications, most will work well with your existing infrastructure.
RSI Security provides the best MDM solutions to ensure business safety and data protection. We are a leading managed security service provider (MSSP) specializing in mitigating advanced threats on your network.
At RSI Security, we take great pride in providing in-depth security detail to enhance your business’ cybersecurity. We’re available 24/7 to provide answers to your cybersecurity challenges. Schedule a FREE consultation today to enjoy our managed security services.