Smartphones and tablets are influencing today’s mobile workforce and strengthening remote work.
Employees now bring their personal devices to their workplaces to secure corporate networks and this offers flexibility and ease to their jobs. Employers are now more inclined towards remote work because of its increased efficiency as well as lower equipment costs.
However, there are cybersecurity threats that can hamper the progress of mobile or remote work. Using mobile device management tools for business gives employers and employees a significant level of security against hackers while working on the internet.
Choose the best mobile device management tool that’s most compatible with the nature of your business. Learn about some of the best mobile device management tools to improve your cybersecurity posture.
Five Best Mobile Device Management Tools For Business
Because of the increased interest in Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policies, companies are now more prone to cyber-attacks. As employees use their devices to download other software, it exposes the company’s data to viruses. However, safety is guaranteed with the use of the following mobile device management tools:
1. Jamf Pro
This is an Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) technology that’s built for some peculiar devices. Created with all the necessary software, EMM gives employees and employers tools and instruments needed to be efficient and effective in the workplace.
This mobile device management tool is profitable for a wide range of businesses like education, healthcare, organizations, finances,etc.
Jamf Pro’s zero-touch deployment capacity allows users to add new devices automatically and to also configure and deploy them without many technicalities. The primary focus of Jamf Pro is to help IT professionals to quickly and efficiently manage Apple devices with an increased rate of productivity.
The features of Jamf Pro are:
- User-initiated Device enrollment for Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) business
- Pre-configuration of Apps
- Sharing and auto-update of App
- IT inventory control
- Zero-touch Deployment
- Purchase and license control
- Operating system and Apps Upgrades
- Mac imaging
- Easily manage Apple Devices using policies and scripts
- Smart groups, smart targeting and Secures App Devices
Jamf Pro is best suited for medium and large scale businesses because of its design to specifically work with Apple devices that are too expensive for low-income earners.
Fleetsmith is a mobile device management tool that works with a wide range of Apple devices like Apple TV, iPads, etc. It puts your operating system on autopilot for specific tasks like new device enrollment, security update, and policy.
Device setup for new employees or users is automated, as the software automatically downloads a new app and security.
It identifies and addresses security issues across all the registered devices before affecting the central system. All you need do is to set up how you want to update, or upgrade your devices the moment they are acquired.
It also provides accurate insight into the health, and compliance of all devices across your fleet to enable you to manage them properly.
The features Of Fleetsmith are:
- Total and accurate insight into all devices across the fleet
- Highly secured with numerous security options
- Automated upgrade, update, patch, etc.
- Easy onboarding for new employees
- Office 365 an G suite integration
- One-click security solutions
- Real-time intelligence
Formerly known as MobileLock Pro, Scalefusion is a booth insulation system that allows businesses to control their own Android devices.
Scalefusion mobile device management tool gives your company the capacity to remotely manage android devices and gives you control over official devices. It’s a customizable Android home screen replacement that allows the company to restrict user access to apps and sites.
Scalefusion also allows admins to hinder access to sites with unverified sources or cookies, applications, and company’s settings. It enables the control administrator to monitor and control the connected devices from afar, using the management dashboard for managing apps.
The features of Scalefusion include:
- App or site listing (blacklisting and whitelisting)
- It has a custom browser and branding
- It enables the management of roles and permissions
- It allows administrators to manage device dashboard
- It’s remotely managed
- It possesses developer API
- It’s compatible with only Android devices
4. ManageEngine Mobile Device Manager Plus
ManageEngine Mobile Device Manager Plus is designed to enhance your workforce productivity without compromising corporate security. ManageEngine Mobile Device Manager Plus allows easy control of multiple mobile platforms from one interface.
ManageEngine Mobile Device Manager Plus also eases the registration and authentication of BYOD and COPE (corporate-owned personally-enabled) devices. The software enables your business to obtain complete visibility and monitor the entire device, making total policy enforcement possible.
All users of ManageEngine Mobile Device Manager Plus can share and distribute documents remotely from their mobile devices with optimum protection.
The features of ManageEngine Mobile Device Manager Plus are:
- Mobile application management tool
- Email security and management
- Profile control
- BYOD and COPE device enrollment
- Security and Assets management
- Auditing and Reports
- Remote work troubleshooting
- Kiosk mode
5. IBM MaaS360
IBM MaaS360 proffers solutions to the lapses in your business’ security. IBM MaaS360 is compatible with both iOS and Windows devices. It also gives you visibility and control through an intuitive portal.
You can leverage the seamless over-the-air (OTA) device registration to manage connected devices without installing any hardware.
There is multiple operating system support with IBM MaaS360 that helps you cover endpoints from one console with adequate security.
IBM MaaS360 is also able to protect your devices beyond their normal abilities and gives your employees all they need to stay productive on the internet without compromising corporate security.
The features of IBM MaaS360 include:
- Powered by Watson engine
- Supports multiple OS and platform security
- Provides a secure container to keep corporate content
- Supports Windows 7 to 10 legacy personal computers
- Supports IoT devices
- Supports rugged Android devices and mobile application management tools
How To Select The Best Mobile Device Management Tool For Your Business
The selection process for the best-suited mobile device management tools can be quite difficult since there’s a wide range of tools to choose from. However, here are a few steps to deciding what mobile device management tool is best for your business:
- Decide if you want to use the BYOD or the COPE devices because not all the best mobile device management tools support both.
- Assess how easy it is to use the chosen software, and also how simple the device registration and administrative control can be.
- Consider the type of device you want to protect. Also, consider whether a change is likely in the future. If yes, you should go for a mobile device management tool that supports multiple devices.
- Determine your business’ mobile application management needs, what mobile applications you currently use, and which do you foresee in the future.
- Consult an expert cybersecurity company like RSI Security for professional guidance.
Mobile devices have now become an essential tool for businesses and their absence can cause a downward spiral of sales for businesses that aren’t using one. Companies now prefer mobility enabled computers to desktop computers because they save costs and make working from anywhere accessible.
The need for mobile application management tools cannot be overemphasized. Beyond that, there’s the need to choose the best mobile device management tools available out there. With more data sharing on both BYOD and COPE devices in workplaces, it’s now important to put premium security in place for all of the data transactions to forestall cyber-attacks.
RSI Security is your sure security plug to get this done. As a leading managed security service provider (MSSP), our managed security services will ensure that your company stays up to date with the best cybersecurity technologies available.
We will help you assess your organization’s current security posture and identify security service needs to meet all your cyber security management goals. Contact us now to benefit from all our amazing services
Work From Home Cybersecurity Checklist
Review the best practices to keep your remote workforce safe and secure. Rest easy and give your clients the assurance they need that their information will be safe by implementing cybersecurity best practices as your employees work from home. Upon filling out this brief form you will receive the checklist via email.